Re: [Openvpn-users] explicit disconnection

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] explicit disconnection
  • From: James Yonan <jim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 09:42:42 -0600 (MDT)

On Fri, 8 Jul 2005, arnaud wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm running an openVPN server (in -server mode), and I have problems
> with the timeout behaviour on client disconnections (using server
> option "keepalive x y").
>
> I wanted to know if there is a way for users (-client mode) to
> disconnect themselves explicitly so that the openVPN server detects
> immediately the disconnection.

Yes -- see the explicit-exit-notify option on the man page (use the man
page on the web site because the documentation for this option was added
only recently).

The man page is up-to-date with the current 2.0.1 beta release, however if
you're using 2.0, the "n" parameter must be defined (it can't be
defaulted).  Just use 1 or 2.

James