[Openvpn-users] Routing

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Routing
  • From: yann shukor <ysh8o1@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 20:37:10 +0000 (UTC)

Evening all

I recently installed a SuSE 9.2 box as our OpenVPN 2.0 gateway (in place of the
original W2K server box)

Connecting to it at present are two remote LANs. The first : 192.168.5.0 via
another SuSE 9.2 box, and the second : 192.168.13.0 via an XP box

The remote SusE client (.5) works fine, both directions.

The XP box (.13), at best can ping the SuSe gateway, and be pinged by the
gateway. But no more. I've tried changing address ranges, firewall settings,
even configured a tap device instead. But nothing seems to get packets past
either of the two endpoints. The routes and gateways are all fine, triple
checked ! The firewalls on or off don't appear to be obstacles.

Pings don't appear as dropped, but don't receive an answer : as if there were
no route to the desired destination, even though there is !

Tomorrow I'll start playing around with Ethereal and tcpdump to get a clearer
view of what might be to blame.

It all worked fine when the W2K server was the gateway. Now that the Linux box
has taken over, it appears as if my WXP client can't get past the gateway.

Any ideas ? Suggestions would be much appreciated.

thanks

YSH