[Openvpn-users] Re: Re: OpenVPN and SNMP

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Re: Re: OpenVPN and SNMP
  • From: Charles Duffy <cduffy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 13:27:45 -0500

On Thu, 12 May 2005 20:09:41 +0200, Patrick wrote:

> I'm afraid not, i use the daemon tools to start, it are all different
> 'run' scripts in different directories, so i suppose i have to ask it
> there.

Ahh! I use runit (a BSD-licensed version of daemontools) myself. To my
knowledge, the generally accepted solution (though it's ugly) is to have
the run script for tunnel #2 to exit if tunnel #1 isn't up; have the run
script for tunnel #3 exit if tunnel #2 isn't up; etc. It's an ugly hack of
a solution, though.

Why does your SNMP daemon care what order the tunnels come up in so long
as they take the same devices each time?