[Openvpn-users] Performance on Windows Shares

Hello all, I have been experimenting with OpenVPN on various Linux systems
as hosts.  I have been using OpenVPN 2.0 style configurations on my 2.4
kernel systems and 1.6 style configurations on my 2.2 kernel systems.  My
kudos go to the entire team as the documentation and product itself is
fantastic.  So far, everywhere I have turned and no matter what I have
wanted to do the answer is YES YOU CAN...  Quite a refreshing change.
However, the biggest thing I have been noticing is that there is a pretty
large latency when dealing with Windows shares.  Now I am using routing and
I basically want to keep it that way.  So once I connect in to an
environment I map a windows share with a net use based upon IP.  I can map
no problem whatsoever but navigating the drive is incredibly slow.  I have
tried into a DSL environment, into a T1 environment, from a T1 environment,
etc etc.  No matter the host or the client bandwidth it usually feels the
same.  Is there anything I can do to help tune this, or is just par for the
course?  Any feedback would be appreciated.

 Talk is cheap since supply always exceeds demand.