[Openvpn-users] tls-auth in client-config-dir-file

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] tls-auth in client-config-dir-file
  • From: Morten Christensen <mc-openvpn@xxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 22:40:21 +0200

I am starting to move our OpenVPN-setup from 1.5 til 2.0.

In the 1.5-setup we have a seperate tls-auth file for each user. We want to use that in our 2.0-setup too, but I cannot see the possibility in the howto, and my experiment did not succeed.

Is it possible to have a line in the /etc/openvpn/ccd/CN-name-file like:
tls-auth /etc/openvpn/key-file/mc-key.file 0
?

When I have the line in /etc/openvpn/server.conf the connections works. When I move it to the ccd-file, I get an error on the server:
Tls-error: reading acknowledgement record from packet

and on the client:
Tls-error: Cannot locate HMAC in incoming packet

-- mvh Morten Christensen