Re: [Openvpn-users] Question about radius and accounting

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Question about radius and accounting
  • From: Daniel Lehmann <ov_users@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 07:35:14 +0200

Am Sonntag, den 17.04.2005, 15:48 +0200 schrieb Eric Gomez:
> Hi guy,
>
> I'm working on solution which combinated openvpn and a radius server.
> Authentication is working well but now i want to add information about
> accounting.
> The final purpose is to create a Secure HotSpot. So it's important to
> have some informations
> about time of connection, and which users are autorized to connect.

Hi Eric,

at the state when the Client-Disconnect script is called there are
informations about the bytes transfered and received. So you could use
these values.
But as far as I know, you should be careful with this values, because
this is the traffic totally accumulated for this connection - which
means the vpn-overhead counts in.

Maybe James could clear this, because I'm also searching the "real"
amount of data transfered within a vpn connection.

greets
leh