Re: [Openvpn-users] Re: certificate/key distribution recommendations

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Re: certificate/key distribution recommendations
  • From: Charles Duffy <cduffy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 10:46:02 -0500

Terry L. Inzauro wrote:

again, the afformentioned tool is great. it just doesn't make sense for people outside the scope of a technically inclined user base.

My userbase isn't exclusively technically inclined, so I modified my version of My Certificate Wizard such that instead of prompting for the certificate's CN (for instance), it prompts for the user's login name on our network and the name of the computer in question (w/ "desktop", "laptop", etc. suggested), and uses that information to construct the CN.

Even the non-dolphins can do it.