[Openvpn-users] OpenVPN 2.0RC16 SIGUSR1/SIGHUP freezing issue

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] OpenVPN 2.0RC16 SIGUSR1/SIGHUP freezing issue
  • From: "Hans Wolff" <hwolff@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 07:38:38 -0500

Title: OpenVPN 2.0RC16 SIGUSR1/SIGHUP freezing issue

Hello all, first time posting on this list so be gentle.

I currently have a 6 node OpenVPN 2.0RC16 network all running OpenBSD 3.6-GENERIC with comp-lzo compiled in. The network is using TLS and LZO, and for the majority of the time is very fast and reliable.

I am having a more and more frequent dilemma that when issuing a kill -SIGHUP or kill -SIGUSR1 to the openvpn process on one of these boxes that it will return to the shell prompt then shortly after lock up the machine. This obviously is becoming an issue for my client as they require high uptime, and from time to time my 'keepalive 10 60' command will issue a SIGUSR1 restart and lock up the connection permanently. While removing the keepalive or increasing its second value would help the issue, I need to figure out exactly what is causing this problem.

I don't know precisely what information is required to try and help fix this problem, but I'm hoping to get a packet dump of the traffic and hopefully some increased verbage on a client when it does decide to finally dump.

Hans