[Openvpn-users] OpenVPN server not showing in My Network Places

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] OpenVPN server not showing in My Network Places
  • From: "Rory Erickson" <rory@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 13:23:05 -0800

Hi there,

I recently setup OpenVPN between my office and my home so that I could
access files from one of the fileservers remotely.

For the setup, the server running OpenVPN is also running Samba
configured as a WINS server.  The OpenVPN connection is being made as a
bridged connection.  I am able to see every other network computer via
My Network Places and I am also able to connect to every other computer,
except for the server that is running OpenVPN and is also running Samba.
If I am on the local network I can connect to the server in question via
My Network Places without incident.  I was thinking perhaps it could be
a configuration issue?  I've included the configuration file being used
on the server and also on the client.

********************** START SERVER CONFIGURATION FILE
********************

port 6000
proto tcp
dev tap

#Certificates
ca /usr/local/etc/openvpn/keys/openvpn-ca.crt
cert /usr/local/etc/openvpn/keys/openvpn-server.crt
key /usr/local/etc/openvpn/keys/openvpn-server.key
dh /usr/local/etc/openvpn/keys/dh2048.pem

ifconfig-pool-persist /usr/local/etc/openvpn/ip_pool.txt
server-bridge 192.168.2.101 255.255.255.128 192.168.2.117 192.168.2.126

client-to-client
keepalive 10 120
comp-lzo
max-clients 10

user nobody
group nobody

persist-key
persist-tun

# Logs
status /var/log/openvpn/openvpn-status.log
log-append /var/log/openvpn/openvpn.log
verb 4
mute 20

********************** END SERVER CONFIGURATION FILE