Re: [Openvpn-users] One Time Password and Windows

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] One Time Password and Windows
  • From: Mathias Sundman <mathias@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 20:27:53 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005, Rainer Sokoll wrote:

On Thu, Mar 24, 2005 at 03:59:55PM +0000, gdt wrote:

Everything works good if the users own administrator privileges.
Now I'd like to make it works with non privileg users (for security
considerations).

Did you check http://openvpn.se/files/howto/openvpn-howto_run_openvpn_as_nonadmin.html?

After I wrote that I've also put together a quick hack that allows OpenVPN itself to query for private key passphrase or username/password creds via a dialog even when running as a service. The patched version is available for download here:

http://openvpn.se/development.html

If the machine is un-attended or you don't want the user to enter the passphrase, I'd recommend importing the cert/key into the MS Certificate Store instead and use the cryptoapi feature in OpenVPN.