Re: [Openvpn-users] Single-Server-Multiple-Clients using OpenVPN 1.6

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Single-Server-Multiple-Clients using OpenVPN 1.6
  • From: Martijn Lievaart <m@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 18:59:27 +0100

SNMP walker wrote:

Hi.
I run OpenVPN 1.6 on Redhat Linux 7.2 Server.
I am using PKI public/private keys between my test server and test winXP client.
I now wish to add more clients to this setup.
Please guide me.
Until now the _server config_ had been smthing like
*/ifconfig server.ip.add.ress client.ip.add.ress/*
*//* now to have ..lets say 20 clients what do I need to do?
*_Please note : I do NOT wish to upgrade to OpenVPN 2.x_*
**

Make multiple configs, for every client one. The rpm-init script starts an openvpn instance for every config file in /etc/openvpn, if you don't use the rpm, I guess you need to do it yourself. You DO need to use a different port for each client!

HTH,
M4