RE: [Openvpn-users] Routing problems? - solved?

  • Subject: RE: [Openvpn-users] Routing problems? - solved?
  • From: Brian Leyton <bleyton@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 14:51:55 -0800

This is very frustrating...

I just did a simple test.

I had tcpdump watching both the eth0 and tun0 interfaces.  I did a ping from
the client to cpe_nt02, and then the other direction.  Just as before, the
pings worked from the client to the Exchange Server but not the other way.
Checked the dumps, and as expected the pings from the client and the
from cpe_nt02 in the dump, but no reply.  Checked the firewall on the client
again, and it was ON.  Sheesh.  Turned it off, and the pings all worked just
fine.  Both directions.

So at least for now, everything seems to be working properly.

I'm going to give this a few more shakedowns - reboot the OpenVPN server and
client, try again, etc.  But for the moment it seems to be working.

I'm not claiming complete victory yet, because I think I've been here once
before, and then things went south on me.  But I think I'm at least heading
in the right direction.

Brian Leyton
IT Manager
Commercial Petroleum Equipment