Re: [Openvpn-users] Re: Re: Shared keys vs. certificates performances (a.k.a "the need for speed")

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Re: Re: Shared keys vs. certificates performances (a.k.a "the need for speed")
  • From: Jamie Lokier <jamie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 18:49:56 +0000

Charles Duffy wrote:
> [--fast-io]
> It's been around for a while now, and some sites (mine, at least) have
> been using it in production without incident.

Interesting flag.  The man page says it avoids calling
poll/epoll/select for a packet socket prior to doing further writes to
the socket.

I must admit that I have been working on a general purpose I/O event
library that uses poll/epoll/select, for another application, and it
would never have occurred to me to call poll/epoll/select in the first
place for a socket which has shown no sign of blocking!

In other words, I don't see why you wouldn't always enable this option.

-- Jamie