Re: [Openvpn-users] problem with openvpn/2.0 on openbsd/i386

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] problem with openvpn/2.0 on openbsd/i386
  • From: /dev/rob0 <rob0@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 10:39:48 -0600

On Sunday 13 March 2005 23:12, the incumbent wrote:
> I've been struggling with something for a while now; the VPN can come
> up, but traffic doesn't want to go across it to the proper networks.

Did you read the similar problem in a thread from 4 days' prior?
Re: [Openvpn-users] OpenVPN on OpenBSD: route: netmask: bad address
There I think the solution was in "man route".

> I have attached a PDF of a drawing of the network, showing the paths
> in and out and which interfaces and networks are used.

And yet no "netstat -nr" output, which would have been more to the
point. No syslog entries showing what happens when the tunnel comes up;
those are there to assist in troubleshooting.

> established.  I cannot seem to get the default route changed on the
> client to force traffic to go over the VPN, and when I can, it still
> doesn't seem to actually get there.

Try --redirect-gateway

> sloppy and a mess, and I should just start over, but I don't know
> what I'm doing wrong.

First thing to check is the routing.

> The PF rules are as follows:

Turn off firewall rules until you know the routing is good.
    or "not-spam" is in Subject: header