Re: [Openvpn-users] UDP or TCP?

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] UDP or TCP?
  • From: Per-Olov Sjöholm <pos@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 13:22:35 +0100

On Saturday 12 March 2005 01.06, Fabio Spelta wrote:
> Per-Olov Sjöholm wrote:
> >On Friday 11 March 2005 20.56, Rainer Sokoll wrote:
> >>Hi,
> >>
> >>a simple question:
> >>Does it matter whether one chooses UDP or TCP? I would think that if the
> >>connection is reliable, UDP may perform a little bit better while TCP is
> >>more robust on weak connections?
>
> The TCP layer OVER the TCP one will provide the needed reliability.
> Also, you can use options like "keepalive" to force firewalls and others
> nasty things to... keep the connection alive.

????
I did not write any of the above. so why address me directly ! Follow the
thread and look...The above is changed... The ">" are not ok.  My only post
in this thread was a reply with a link describing TCP over TCP issues to the
original poster.

Regards
/Per-Olov
--
GPG keyID: 4DB283CE
GPG fingerprint: 45E8 3D0E DE05 B714 D549 45BC CFB4 BBE9 4DB2 83CE