[Openvpn-users] A Two Tun Question

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] A Two Tun Question
  • From: glynn taylor <gtaylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2005 23:00:38 -0500

Short question: Does each instance of openvpn server require it's own tun device?

Longer questions.

Scenario 1.

If I want to run two instances of openvpn server on one IP address with each instance on it's own port,
does each instance require it's own tun device?

Scenario 2.

If I want to run two instances of openvpn server on the same port but on it's own IP address (one ethernet
card multiple IP addresses) does each instance have to have it's own tun device?

Does the OS matter here?  I'm leaning toward OpenBSD.

Thanks

GT