[Openvpn-users] Re: Multiple Connections problem, bug

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Re: Multiple Connections problem, bug
  • From: Jan van Rensburg <jan.van.rensburg@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 20:27:41 +0200

Hi,

I've reported this problem just over a month ago. When using Mac OS X as the OpenVPN client, and trying to establish multiple connections to the same machine and port behind the OpenVPN server, some of the connections get dropped silently, causing erratic behaviour. I've done some troubleshooting and can report that this is a bug in either the Mac version of OpenVPN, or in the tun driver on Mac OS X.

I've set up a Linux machine between the Mac OS X machine and the OpenVPN server. I loaded OpenVPN onto the Linux machine, and used the exact same OpenVPN client config file and keys as I previously did on Mac OS. Then I configured the the Linux machine to NAT connections from my Mac, and used it as my Mac's default gateway. The problem suddenly went away!

Naturally, as a Mac user I'd like to see this fixed, so once we've settled on a PayPal alternative I'll gladly chip in to get a Mac for the relevant developers. (PayPal doesn't accept accounts from South Africa).

Thanks,
Jan