Re: [Openvpn-users] Re: resets/disconnects

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Re: resets/disconnects
  • From: Charles Duffy <cduffy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 02:04:43 -0600

On Wed, 2005-01-12 at 08:51 +0100, Patrik Lybing wrote:
> I havent seend anything that I find weird, but on the other hand I might not
> understand that much from the logs :P

Well, the logs have timestamps on them. Anything that happens at the
same time as the failure has a high likelihood of being interesting.
Such things would be a good candidate for posting on-list.

> I configure the ip-win32 manually.

Hmm. I was thinking it could be related to DHCP lease expirey, but maybe
not. Does the tap adapter still show up as enabled (w/ an IP assigned)
after this happens?

> When the link is up,  it says the MTU is 1533, but my TAP adapter only allow
> a maximum of 1500. Could this have anything to do with it ? If I decrease
> the link-mtu(?) on the Server machine ?

MTU issues would show different symptoms -- small packets would get
through, but large packets wouldn't.

BTW, please don't top-post, and send responses to the list, not to me
personally.