[Openvpn-users] Solved: One client only does not work: "All TAP-Win32 adapters on this system are currently in use"

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Solved: One client only does not work: "All TAP-Win32 adapters on this system are currently in use"
  • From: Martijn Lievaart <m@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2005 22:51:42 +0100

Mathias Sundman wrote:

On Fri, 7 Jan 2005, Martijn Lievaart wrote:

Thu Jan 06 11:31:23 2005 us=223384 All TAP-Win32 adapters on this system
are currently in use.
Thu Jan 06 11:31:23 2005 us=223399 Exiting

I cannot find anything on Google about this, anyone have any idea what's
wrong? I can post the config if needed, but I don't think it has much
relation to this error. The same config and certificate work on other
machines.

That usually means that an other openvpn process is already running using the TAP interface. If this is intensional you can create a second TAP interface from the Start-menu.

Check in the Task Manager if there is any other openvpn processes running. Perhaps the OpenVPN Service has been started by mistake.

The client had to allocate a TAP adapter. As I was not there I canot say if this was a problem with the install not being done correctly or OpenVPN that was also installed as a service. Thanks for the hint.

M4