Re: [Openvpn-users] Re: VPN & ADSL Adapter Speed Comparison

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Re: VPN & ADSL Adapter Speed Comparison
  • From: Jean-Pierre Schwickerath <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 20:43:20 +0100

> Really my surprise was down to the VPN adapter putting through 256 and
> the real one 80. This is quite an impressive compression ratio. You
> might be right that servers other bandwidth was being used and so
> limited the ADSL to 80, and that it is then just coincidence that the
> VPN adapter was going at 256...

I wouldn't rely only on the numbers given to you by the adapter
statistics. Try to run Iperf to see how much you can get out of your
tunnel. You could also try to disable the (lzo-)compression to see
where you max out your bandwidth.
With the exception of latency (or QoS) I don't see anything that would
make openvpn not use the totality of your bandwidth.

Regards,

Jean-Pierre