Re: [Openvpn-users] Re: OpenVPN on embedded device

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Re: OpenVPN on embedded device
  • From: Jon Bendtsen <jon.bendtsen@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 19:40:25 +0100

Den 1. dec 2004, kl. 19:34, skrev Charles Duffy:

On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 13:47:54 +0000, Jonathan Harrington wrote:

Hi all,
Just a quick question. Has anyone ever run OpenVPN on a device with very
limited resources? What kind of obstacles would such an attempt face? I
know something residing in kernel-land would probably be more suitable

Speaking as a former member of the engineering team at an embedded Linux
house -- OpenVPN should be entirely suitable. If you're going for
performance and don't have too many constraints on the architecture and
processor you use, you might want to look into VIA's PadLock extensions
(which some newer builds of OpenSSL support)

Now we are at this subject... I have a project on a cpu with 36k ram, split in
min 20k kode ram, min 4k data ram, and 12k allocateable at production time.
Can i run openvpn on that?

JonB