[Openvpn-users] Re: OpenVPN-GUI for Mac OS X Beta-Release

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Re: OpenVPN-GUI for Mac OS X Beta-Release
  • From: JP M <jpm_tmp2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 01:41:22 +0000 (UTC)

Waldemar Brodkorb <wbx <at> luusa.org> writes:

> Hi,
[SNIP]

> Okay, I talked today to Angelo and we agreed to only support
> OpenVPN 2.0, because of the advanced features.
> I updated the README file for the next release.
>
> > Since I insist on using a bridged VPN (I want broadcasted services), and
> > I already have managed the many confs/ports pairs I need for my tunnels
> > (cf. the conf split between generic main.conf and overriding me.confs),
> > I don't really feel like going to OpenVPN 2.0 will help me. I am mostly
> > unaware of OpenVPN 2.0. Would you recommend using Ovpn 2.0 for a
> > bridged VPN ?
>
> Yes, why not?
> Do you have patched 1.6 to get the TAP device working?
> TAP support for MaxOS X is added in openvpn beta 17...

My server is a 1.6 debian linux box. The tap device on the mac works perfectly
with openvpn 1.6 I don't remember I have patched anything. Just use the newest
tap device from http://www-user.rhrk.uni-kl.de/~nissler/tuntap/

Allright. Debian has openvpn in testing/unstable only, and has decided to move
to 2.0. I updated recklessly and my now tls-auth script is wacked. Oh well. I
guess I am going to scratch my 1.x setup and learn how to use 2.0.

See you later.