Re: [Openvpn-users] Re: OpenVPN-GUI for Mac OS X Beta-Release

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Re: OpenVPN-GUI for Mac OS X Beta-Release
  • From: Waldemar Brodkorb <wbx@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 01:48:00 +0100

Hi,
JP M wrote,

> Going back to the certs: when I run my CA I go through an EXTRA step to
> scratch the passphrase for the certs. I can perfectly live with the
> requirement for passphrase in the user cert, in order to use the GUI.

I think this will be fixed in the next release so that you can use
certificates without passphrase.

> Regarding the version of openvpn: while you're providing the full
> binaries for Ovpn, which is great, I did not use that: I already had my
> stuff compiled and installed.
> Once again, I can certainly live with your .dmg as the full -least
> official- openvpn distro for OS X. But in that case, I'd recommand you
> include a SINGLE readme that makes clear that all components should be
> installed your way.

Okay, I talked today to Angelo and we agreed to only support
OpenVPN 2.0, because of the advanced features.
I updated the README file for the next release.

> Since I insist on using a bridged VPN (I want broadcasted services), and
> I already have managed the many confs/ports pairs I need for my tunnels
> (cf. the conf split between generic main.conf and overriding me.confs),
> I don't really feel like going to OpenVPN 2.0 will help me. I am mostly
> unaware of OpenVPN 2.0. Would you recommend using Ovpn 2.0 for a
> bridged VPN ?

Yes, why not?
Do you have patched 1.6 to get the TAP device working?
TAP support for MaxOS X is added in openvpn beta 17...

bye
    Waldemar