Re: [Openvpn-users] OpenBSD Auth for user-pass authentication

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] OpenBSD Auth for user-pass authentication
  • From: James Yonan <jim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 09:01:48 -0700 (MST)

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004, uml wrote:

> Does anyone have a solution for OpenBSD for the following 2.0_beta17 server
> option?
> auth-user-pass-verify /etc/openvpn/auth-pam.pl
>
> The 'auth-pam.pl' script doesn't work on OpenBSD from what I can tell (and
> what I've tried).  I don't mind coding something myself, but am hitting a
> dead end when it comes to locating the right resource.  Any tips anyone?
>
> As well, what is the maximum speed of a tun/tap interface that can connect
> to OpenVPN?  I see it at 10mbit/s under windows.. can I force it at 100 or
> even 1000?

Don't worry, the speed indicator you see on Windows (10mbit/s) doesn't
mean anything.  The TAP adapter will run as fast as the hardware can
support.

Windows queries all ethernet drivers for a speed indicator to be shown in
the network panel, but that speed is shown only for informational
purposes, and in the case of a virtual driver, has no bearing on the
performance the driver is actually able to achieve.

James