Re: [Openvpn-users] Re: OpenVPN-GUI for Mac OS X Beta-Release

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Re: OpenVPN-GUI for Mac OS X Beta-Release
  • From: Daniel Lehmann <ov_users@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 08:56:58 +0100

Hi JP

Am Freitag 26 November 2004 01:05 schrieb Angelo Laub:
> > B- In my -short- experience, the tap device for os X does not get the
> > dhcp servers information (or does not forward it to the resolver ?).
>
> try putting the line "pull" in your client config file. this tells the
> openvpn client to get the dhcp information from the server.

You also have to add the corresponding push commands in the server config. As
far as i know, the mac clients in our deparment are working as expected with
the push/pull mechanism (as the were no complains).

> > There is a dhcp server attached to my vpn, serving exclusively vpn
> > nodes. Currently I hack /private/etc/resolv.conf at openvpn startup and
> > restore it when the tunnel closes as part of a command shell script
> > that
>
> What is it exactly you do with this script? To my knowledge there
> shouldn't be the need for any scripts, because openvpn sets the correct
> routes when it starts, and restores everything to normal when it quits...
... if you use the push/pull mechanism.

Here are the relevant parts of our config:
SERVER:
# Client should attempt reconnection on link
# failure.
ping 10
ping-restart 120
push "ping 10"
push "ping-restart 60"

# Push route informations to client
push "route-gateway 172.16.0.1" #thats the virtual ip of the server tap device
push "redirect-gateway local"
push "ip-win32 dynamic" # thats win32 specific

CLIENT:
pull #the client gets all commands pushed by the server

greets
leh