[Openvpn-users] locking XP client down

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] locking XP client down
  • From: cldpeak <heuermannr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 21:03:47 +0000 (UTC)

When using openvpn on a client, I noticed that when I tracert IP addresses on
the internet... it does not travel through the tunnel first to my openvpn
server and then route from there (not using remote gateway).

So if I was self medicating at starbucks, connected via hot spot, and somebody
was able to hack my XP laptop, then they would have access to my protected lan
as well?

How should I lock it down?

thanks for helping a newb.  without those microsoft wizards... i'm lost.