Re: [Openvpn-users] NetBIOS name resolution

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] NetBIOS name resolution
  • From: Matteo Lunardi <matteo.lunardi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 11:53:51 +0100

James Yonan ha scritto:
To my knowledge, there's no way for the TAP adapter to give Windows any kind of "adapter priority" value so that we could prevent the TAP adapter from being considered as primary.
There's probably a way to tweak this in the registry. Anyone have any ideas on this?

I don't know if it can resolves the problem of name resolution, since for me ns works well, but I recently discovered that, in the property window for network connections (I've the italian version, I don't know how is called in english; anyway right click on the network icon on the desktop in win2k and hit properties), under the 'Advanced' menu there is an 'Advanced settings' option that allows to setup the order of interfaces.

Bye.
Matteo