[Openvpn-users] Re: openvpn not restart after connection dropped

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Re: openvpn not restart after connection dropped
  • From: "Alex Kitaen" <akitaen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2004 02:35:23 +0000

lester sez:
I am kind of confused on how to setup a openvpn connection to keep alive. I
have put ping 15 & ping-restart 45 to my client configuration. however, each
time the internet goes down, the openvpn connection disconnect and not
restarting even after the internet is back on. Any way that i can have openvpn
to restart the connection by itself?

You don't give important details like your OS setup. On my freebsd boxes this works because the tls-server is started from inetd. I have this one die after 3 minutes of inactivity, but the pings keep it alive as long as the connection is up. If the connection is dropped, the server restarts when the client touches its port.

cheers,
Alex