[Openvpn-users] Re: Session Tracking

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Re: Session Tracking
  • From: Charles Duffy <cduffy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 18:26:08 -0500

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 17:55:33 -0400, Chester Chee wrote:
> I want to know who (particular user) has connected no happen what
> dynamic IP is assigned to him/her. It will be CN of the client
> certificate, I think. Thanks in advance.

Use a learn-address script (documented in the man page) to record this
information.

Another way to easily have logs indicate who was connected at what time is
to add DNS entries, including reverse-lookup entries, based on the CN of
the connected users. I've posted a script for doing this to this list
previously.