Re: [Openvpn-users] server not receiving disconnect

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] server not receiving disconnect
  • From: Vlada Macek <tuttle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 09:21:55 +0200

> In UDP mode the client normally does not notify the server when it
> disconnects. Since beta11 there is an option (--explicit-exit-notify
> XX) todo this.

I hope this feature will eventually make it to the man page also. I
assume it's missing there because it is marked experimental in the
ChangeLog.

My vote for this feature to be acknowledged to the client, so the client
wont have to wait for several OCC_EXIT periods and the communication
will be cleaner.

I would also wish for the terminated connection to be logged together
with the CN in the verb1 level. These days in cannot use the
"explicit-exit-notify" feature, because it suppresses the "[<CN>]
Inactivity timeout (--ping-restart), restarting" message which notifies
me about the user "disconnect" and I like such information.

Sure the status file reflects the disconnect too (especially with the
frequent update period), but the logfile is what is e-mailed to me
instantly...

\/.