Re: [Openvpn-users] Default Route determination XP

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Default Route determination XP
  • From: Mathias Sundman <mathias@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 14:06:18 +0200 (CEST)

Please don't top-post.

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004, Jay Knotts wrote:

I wish I could figure out how to do this via
openvpn start up script mechanisms. That is,
figure out what the PC's default gateway router is
and update the routing tables appropriately.

You should be able to use the route_net_gateway environment variable from the --route-up script.

Actually, I tried that variable. I could only use it if I start openvpn after logging on to the PC (XP SP2).

I have openvpn running/starting as a "service".
That variable is blank for me then. I'm running openvpn-2.0_beta11.

Hmm, is it blank even if you start net service manually after you have logged on, and verified that you have internet connectivity?

Is it only THIS enviroment variable that is blank, or is all variables that openvpn should have set blank?

I wonder because, either it's empty because openvpn is launched BEFORE the system has received it's default gateway, otherwise it's something else :)