Re: [Openvpn-users] statistics file format

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] statistics file format
  • From: Mathias Sundman <mathias@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 13:08:20 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004, Frank Elsner wrote:

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 11:07:10 +0200 Mathias Sundman wrote:
On Mon, 11 Oct 2004, Frank Elsner wrote:

Why the hell id the statistivs file so ugly formatted ?
A simple "cat ... " is nearly unreadable thus requires layout processing.

Is a simple comma-seperated format easily processed. I don't see the problem.

Could this be changend towards "old" format ?

What "old" format are you refering to?

The format used by 1.6.0

Ah, you mean the SIGUSR2 statistics. I thought you ment the file generated by the --status option introduced with 2.0-betaXX, and didn't realize that the SIGUSR2 statistics was changed to have this format too in 2.0.

The stat format used by 1.6 was fine with 1.6 as it only supported ONE client, but with 2.0 that supports multiple clients I think the new format is much better.

How do you propose the output should be formatted using the "old" style to diffrentiate multiple clients?

An option that makes 2.0 output 1.6-style statistics on SIGUSR2 might be useful though, for those who already have scripts written around this format.