Re: [Openvpn-users] Re: Linux-XP Incomplete Connection.

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Re: Linux-XP Incomplete Connection.
  • From: Doug Lytle <support@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2004 16:11:24 -0400

Chris,

TAP can be used in Point-to-Multipoint also.

This is how I'm using it, at least under 2.0.

Doug

Chris Mills wrote:

so far i haven't seen UDP work on my XP SP1.
it also seems TAP is a safer choice when windows is involved,
please give those a shot.
i spent ages wondering what i was doing wrong until i switched to
tap over tcp, especially because all documented configurations
Just Work[tm] on linux-linux

By the way, Tony, when you say TAP, I assume you mean a bridging configuration. The reason I bring this up explicitly is because there is some conflicting documentation. According to the man pages, TAP is used for bridging. Yet in the Windows Openvpn doc, the example for tunneling shows dev tap in the config file, and the ifconfig command is in the form