Re: [Openvpn-users] OpenVPN on Solaris 9

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] OpenVPN on Solaris 9
  • From: James Yonan <jim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 13:20:13 -0600 (MDT)

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004, David Ambs wrote:

> >> I'm not sure what the EVP_CIPHER_CTX is. I've googled and searched through
> >> the archives and haven't found anything of use. I'm not an openssl expert
> >> either, and don't know if that is important or not.. Anyone else know?
> >
> > Basically you need to tell gcc how to find the OpenSSL library.
> >
> > Try setting the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environmental variable before you run
> > ./configure
> >

> This was done, I added the --with-ssl-lib and --with-ssl-header to the
> appropriate location. It appeared to me that it was trying to run a test
> on some crypt function, and it didn't come back. I've verified all the
> libraries and headers are in place...

Basically the configure script is writing a small C program which tries to
call the EVP_CIPHER_CTX_init function which exists in the OpenSSL library.
The error you are getting indicates that this program failed to link.

./configure leaves behind a lot of debugging info that shows why it
failed.  You should be able to find the program fragment which failed to
build.

James