Re: [Openvpn-users] Load balancing VPN

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Load balancing VPN
  • From: Jon Bendtsen <jon.bendtsen@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 21:23:20 +0200

Den 8. sep 2004, kl. 20:27, skrev Fraser Campbell:

Hi,

Has anyone here tried load balancing of openvpn connections over multiple
tunnels? What I am considering is to setup two office, each with two T1s.

Office A would have T1s named A1 and A2, office B would have T1s named B1 and
B2. I would setup one tunnel between A1 and B1 and another tunnel between A2
and B2. Then using the bonding driver (possible?) or multipath routing I
would distribute traffic between the two connections.

Has anyone done this type of thing? I plan to start experimenting later today
but a quick hunt of FAQs and HOWTOs hasn't turned up anything positive (or
negative).

actualy i'm not sure that i would run 2 tunnels. I would rather run one tunnel,
and then i would make something that made every other udp packet travel
A1 or A2 going to B1 and B2, where the packets would then just be collected
by the same openvpn daemon.

JonB