[Openvpn-users] [OT] Re: password prompt?

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] [OT] Re: password prompt?
  • From: Daniel Pittman <daniel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 05 Sep 2004 22:57:11 +1000
  • Cancel-lock: sha1:qq6/qULdHohSeLbkC0iUawXpEFM=
On 5 Sep 2004, Jean-Pierre Schwickerath wrote:
> Hello Anthony,
>
>> of course you could build another layer ontop of a openvpn tunnel,
>> that does ask for a login and password.
>
> Something that is often used is that users are forced to log-in into a
> firewall machine, which will upon success create apropriate firewall
> rules to allow the remote machine to access the network. When the user
> closes the ssh-session, the firewall rule is deleted and the access to
> the network is blocked again.

Another common way of achieving this goal is a "captive portal" idea,
where the first attempt to use the web redirects to a login page, and
that does the relevant firewall rules modifications.

<http://nocat.net/>

Regards,
        Daniel
--
Among those whom I like, I can find no common denominator,
but among those whom I love, I can: all of them make me laugh.