[Openvpn-users] Options error: specify only one of --tls-server, --tls-client, or --secret

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Options error: specify only one of --tls-server, --tls-client, or --secret
  • From: Terry Dooher <tdooher.lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2004 12:08:51 +0100

I've moved up from 1.5 to beta11 today. I want to set up a single tcp server<->multiple clients service and have mostly duplicated the recent examples. When I attempt to start it with:

openvpn --config test.config

I get:

Options error: specify only one of --tls-server, --tls-client, or --secret

I _am_ only specifying --secret. The contents of test.config are below. My guess is that one of these options is implying tls, but I can't find which. If I comment out the secret line, I get:

Options error: You must define DH file (--dh)

Thanks,

Terry.

---- test.config
local x.x.x.x