[Openvpn-users] Re: bridging problem (working XP client to Linux server)

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Re: bridging problem (working XP client to Linux server)
  • From: Jim Patterson <jim_patterson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 02:11:49 -0500

jim_patterson wrote:

Thanks to those who helped. Nice job with openvpn, an amazing piece of work. I also download the latest gui by Mathias and it works great with the passphrase.

eth0 on server is connected to internet.
LAN is 10.0.2.0/24

On the client in Network connections in the Win-Tap properties, set the WINS server to my LAN WINS server. This allowed the client to see the LAN in network neighborhood.

Here are the configuration files and the script I used to setup the
server along with the routes returned using route print and route -n

  the additions here indicate the change I made which got it to work.

In the server config there is actually a line 'ifconfig 10.3.0.1'. I haven't tried the config without it, but I don't know why it would need it.

Client config ----------------------

remote 12.0.0.100
port 5000
dev tap0
ifconfig 10.3.0.2 255.255.255.0
changed this to 'ifconfig 10.0.2.114'
tls-client
ca work-ca.crt
cert jim.crt
key jim.key
ping 10

verb 3
mute 10
------------------
Server config
-----------------
dev tap0
ifconfig 10.3.0.1 255.255.255.0
tls-server
dh /etc/CertAuth/dh2048.pem
ca /etc/CertAuth/work-ca.crt
cert /etc/CertAuth/office.crt
key /etc/CertAuth/office.key
tun-mtu 1500
tun-mtu-extra 64
verb 3

----------------------------
Script to setup br0,tap0,tap1
----------------------------
openvpn --mktun --dev tap0
openvpn --mktun --dev tap1
brctl addbr br0

brctl addif br0 tap0
brctl addif br0 tap1
brctl addif br0 eth1
ifconfig tap0 0.0.0.0 promisc up
ifconfig tap1 0.0.0.0 promisc up
ifconfig eth1 0.0.0.0 promisc up
ifconfig br0 10.0.2.113 netmask 255.255.255.0 broadcast 10.0.2.255
~