Re: [Openvpn-users] Windows "loosing" DNS information

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Windows "loosing" DNS information
  • From: Mathias Sundman <mathias@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 15:56:10 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004, Jon Bendtsen wrote:

The problem is that my users complain that the internal DNS does not work when they are connected through OpenVPN, even though all indications says that it should work.

Running a ipconfig /all reveals all the needed information. The DNS servers, the domain name, and everything needed is set up correctly. But it doesnt work. DNS translation to ip addresses does not work. They can ping the ip addresses just fine, but not with DNS, then it says "no such host".

Sound stange, yes :-)

Don't sound like it, but just to make sure, are you running any firewall on these machines? (assume you do!). Try disabling it temporarily if possible.

I've had some strange problems with ZoneAlarm. I can browse the net with Mozilla for a period of time, but all of sudden ZoneAlarm starts blocking it, without notifing me or logging anything!