Re: [Openvpn-users] Any issues with XP Service Pack 2?

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Any issues with XP Service Pack 2?
  • From: "M Lu" <mlu919@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 10:50:36 -0400

I do not have final SP2 yet, but I run OpenVPN in beta SP2 and it works
fine. And here is what James wrote about Windows XP SP2 beta versions:

2004.05.14 -- Version 2.0-beta2

* Fixed signal handling bug in --mode server, where
  SIGHUP and SIGUSR1 were treated as SIGTERM.
* Changed the TAP-Win32 HWID from "TAP" to "TAPDEV".
  Apparently the larger string may work around
  a problem where the TAP adapter is sometimes missing
  from the network connections panel, especially under
  XP SP2. Also note that installing this upgrade will
  uninstall any pre-existing TAP-Win32 adapters, and then
  install a single new adapter, meaning that old adapter
  properties will be lost.  Thanks to Md5Chap for solving
  this one.