Re: [Openvpn-users] First VPN connection

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] First VPN connection
  • From: Mathias Sundman <mathias@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 02:52:43 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004, Paul Smith wrote:

I have just installed OpenVPN on a Linux machine to connect to a MS Windows server. I have done the following:

openvpn --remote remote_ip --dev tun1

which creates the tunnel. How can I now get access to the remote network?

Sorry to be rude, but please go back and read the documentation available on the OpenVPN homepage (http://openvpn.sourceforge.net/). There are some great examples there that should get you going.

When you have done that, then come back and provide us with some more details about your setup, like IP adresses, network topology, the openvpn config you use on both sides, the log openvpn gives, what exactly you're trying to reach but fail, and so on, then we can help you out...