RE: [Openvpn-users] OpenVPN passphrase support

  • Subject: RE: [Openvpn-users] OpenVPN passphrase support
  • From: "Michael Huttinger" <huttinger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 07:37:33 -0500

> I have a working version running of the next release, in which I use
> redirection of stdin/stdout/stderr to supply openvpn with the passphrase
> via the normal psw prompt, so no patch is required.

Hey, that was my idea ;)  Just kidding!  I was just wondering if you caught
that idea from the GUI I wrote in c#; as that was the method I went through
to trap and send commands to the background openvpn process.

> I'm also looking into creating a patch for openvpn so it will print a log
> message as the last step when connecting (after routes has been added to
> the system) so we can report "Connected", when the system is really ready
> to route traffic to the remote end.

This was the one point that was pretty hard to determine, as there isn't any
"WE'RE ALL CONNECTED AND READY TO ROCK-N-ROLL" message.  I made some pretty
basic assumptions, but these are assumptions and probably rely on certain
debug/log values to work.  So a patch or change to show this would be just
great :)