[Openvpn-users] tls_serial_{n} enviroment variable is -1??

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] tls_serial_{n} enviroment variable is -1??
  • From: Vladimir Ilic <vladojko@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 17:03:41 +0000 (UTC)

Hello,

I am trying to use tls_serial_0 or tls_serial_1 enviroment variables in the
verify_tls script, but they are always set to -1 for all certificates I use. I
guess this is coming from the function in the ssl libraries which gives back
serial number of the certificate (X509_get_serialNumber). However,
certificates I am using are perfectly correct, signed by Verisign, and OpenVPN
can authenticate clients using this certificates, so I guess there could be
some little bug in OpenVPN or OpenSSL?

Vladimir