[Openvpn-users] New beginner tutorial on using OpenVPN with certificates

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] New beginner tutorial on using OpenVPN with certificates
  • From: Scott Brumbaugh <scottb.lists@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 16:20:42 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I have written an article/tutorial covering how to setup OpenVPN using
certificates managed by OpenSSL.  The article is very basic and the
tutorial goes through all of the commands needed to get a client
talking to a single instance server:

    o Create a self-signed root certificate.
    o Create client/server certificates.
    o Verify the certificates using OpenSSL test tools.
    o Setup OpenVPN using certificate authentication.
    o Setup and test a CRL.

I wrote this after figuring it out using a lot of different sources on
the net.  This article tries to explain all the fundamentals in one
place for a beginner.  Maybe this will help people just starting out,
feedback welcome.

Find the article at:

      http://www.inyotech.com/vpn_infrastructure.php

Thanks,