RE: [Openvpn-users] OpenVPN GUI v1.0.4 (C#)

  • Subject: RE: [Openvpn-users] OpenVPN GUI v1.0.4 (C#)
  • From: "Michael Huttinger" <huttinger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 11:17:20 -0500

> I like this program but I absolutely hate having to browse to find my
> config files (I know u don't have to from the task bar)
> I think Connection:  should default to the first config file
> (alphabetically or whatever) and have drop down menu for the others it
> finds in c:\openvpn...\config

You can create a shortcut after opening a configuration file to make life
easier in the future.

To do this:

1) Open a configuration file.
2) Click the "Create Shortcut" button.
3) Pick a location and a file name for the shortcut.  I'd suggest your
desktop and a name like "XXX VPN"
4) Exit the GUI.

You now should have a shortcut on your desktop that will be for that
particular configuration file. Simply double-click the shortcut, and it will
automatically load and connect the server in the configuration file.

> Also, if you have 2 connections active and you close ovpnGUI, only the
> one funning in the foreground shuts down, not the others.

OpenVPN GUI runs with multiple instances of itself, to allow for having
multiple different VPN's open.  Each GUI then is SEPARATE from others,
simply because they are all different processes.

The GUI currently doesn't work in a "multi-server" mode, whereby you can
manage MULTIPLE connections from a single GUI.  I could look into something
like that for a future release.

Michael