Re: [Openvpn-users] v1.6.0 compile oddness on a redhat 9 box.

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] v1.6.0 compile oddness on a redhat 9 box.
  • From: "Khan St. Preest" <ksp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 09:57:45 -0500 (CDT)

I downloaded and searched the latest openvpn-users archive and couldn't
weed out any information that seemed specific to this problem. I did find
some references to passing the specific library paths to ./configure but I
tried several iterations of that and it didn't work. It seems that the
unique problem in my rh9 config is that kssl.h has an include statement
for krb5.h which is apparently what causes ./configure to bomb. I briefly
checked several of my other openvpn systems (all distros other than rh9)
and none of them include krb5.h in this manner. If I comment out the
#include <krb5.h> statement then ./configure completes but make fails. I
finally did a search for a pre-compiled binary rpm for redhat 9 and found
several. I installed one of them, and it works, but I'm somewhat leary of
running crypto software compiled by an unofficial source.

I see that others on the list are running openvpn with redhat 9. I'd
really appreciate it if some of you could comment back to me about what
you did to get it to work, particularly those who compiled it themselves.

Thanks.