[Openvpn-users] variables in up scripts

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] variables in up scripts
  • From: sam <samwun@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 19:01:52 +0800

James Yonan wrote:

- When using ifconfig to configure a static ip or ifconfig pool to assign
an ip is there any way to capture the connecting pc's hostname?

The OpenVPN server will save the client's IP address, port, and certificate common name as environmental variables for the --up script or --client-connect script to use.

I wondering how to extract the value of the variables from the up script.
I would like to extract the value from the client's certificate.
Is there any example?

Thanks
sam