Re: [Openvpn-users] WINS

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] WINS
  • From: Jon Bendtsen <jon.bendtsen@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 18:18:46 +0200

Den 8. jul 2004, kl. 23:46, skrev Travis Bullock:

Greetings.

Anyone have an example of what a server and client side conf file should look like to enable WINS? I can ping across all my work subnets from my home computer but WINS is not resolving. Server is RedHat 9.0 home client is Windows XP Pro.

i've used this on a win2000

# options pushed to the windows clients.
push "ping 60"
push "inactive 600"
push "redirect-gateway"
push "ip-win32 dynamic"
push "tap-sleep 4"
push "dhcp-option DNS 192.168.x.y"
push "dhcp-option WINS 192.168.x.y"
push "dhcp-option NTP 192.168.x.y"
push "dhcp-option NBT 2"
push "dhcp-option DOMAIN my.domain"
# Set NetBIOS over TCP/IP Node type. 2 = p-node (point-to-point name queries to a WINS server