Re: [Openvpn-users] Windows installation package with GUI included

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Windows installation package with GUI included
  • From: Mathias Sundman <mathias@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 16:51:29 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Gisle,

Thanks for your comments.

On Thu, 8 Jul 2004, Gisle Vanem wrote:
I've released a new version of OpenVPN GUI for Windows with some minor
changes, and at the same time I've built a new installation package with
OpenVPN 2.0-beta7 and OpenVPN GUI 1.0-beta7 bundled nicely.

In openvpn.c you do this:

/* snprintf with guaranteed null termination */
#define mysnprintf(out, args...) \
       { \
          snprintf (out, sizeof(out), args); \
          out [sizeof (out) - 1] = '\0'; \
       }

Why? According to my MSDN snprintf() (or really _snprintf),
a null-termination is guaranteed in any case.

Accually I just copied that code from openvpnserv.c (The windows service wrapper included with OpenVPN), so I'll let James answer that. Perhaps snprintf is not guaranteed to be null-terminated on all platforms so this is just a preperation to ease porting of the code.

Besides var-arg macros doesn't work with Watcom or VC6.
(only gcc 2.8+?).

Ok, I'll try to get rid of those var-arg macros. They are really just left-overs from openvpnserv.c.

PS. Can't someone change the mailing-list settings so a
reply goes to the list and not to the person in the "From:".
Simply add a "Reply-To:" should do it I guess. It's a hassle
to remember to Reply-to-all in my mailer (Outlook Express).
Pressing Ctrl-R is an old habit.

I agree. I've always wondered, which is the the recommended way to reply to emails on lists when the Reply-To field is missing? Only to the list, or both to the list and to the From: person.