[Openvpn-users] Problems in Windows 2003 Server

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Problems in Windows 2003 Server
  • From: Fabio Antonio Esquivel Chacón <fabio@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2004 15:54:11 -0600

I just upgraded my notebook installation (Windows XP) from 1.6.0 to 2.0-beta7, so the TAP Adapter can be seen in the Network Connections applet in Control Panel.

I then tried to connect to the VPN Server (still in 1.6.0) and failed... the error said something about different versions. So I also upgraded the Windows 2003 Server installation to 2.0-beta 7.

The upgrade process deleted all the previous TAP adapters I defined and reinstalled just one. That's bad... what if I have 10 or more? Shouldn't the install program just upgrade the device driver instead of deleting all TAP adapters and recreating just one?

Anyway, I redefined the IP configuration for the new TAP adapter, just as it was (the first one, at least). The problem now is that when I try to start the OpenVPN with the original configuration file (my default.ovpn), which matches the IP configuration, it starts "ok", but the IP configuration is null (0.0.0.0, mask 0.0.0.0) and does not work.

Another bug that must be fixed in this beta for Windows 2003? Any workarounds?

BTW, is there a way to define bridging to the internal LAN instead of routing via a TAP interface? I guess it's done with TUN, but I'm not sure how to use it...

--
  Fabio
       //

------
  Haga que su nombre sea su dirección de correo
  en http://www.netidentity.com/GIXIVCKD

  Mis DVDs: http://www.intervocative.com/dvdcollection.aspx/Unreal
------